Are you ready to find out the pros and cons of outdoor weddings? Outdoor weddings are trending right now, and with all of the crazy going on in 2020, I believe that trend will continue. There are some great reasons to opt for an outdoor wedding instead of an indoor wedding, and we’ve compiled a list of ten pros and ten cons that might impact your decision as to whether or not you’d prefer to have an outdoor wedding. We’re a little biased. 😉 But we think nothing beats the beauty of nature!
Pros of Outdoor Weddings
- Natural Light: Natural lighting makes for gorgeous photos.
- Beautiful Settings: What could be more beautiful than mountains, lakes, forests, and fields?
- Space Constraints: It’s much easier to spread out when you aren’t in a confined space.
- Lower Decor Costs: With the beauty of nature as your main decor, you can go as big or as small as you’d like.
- Kid-Friendly: Children can get a little antsy sometimes. It can be easier to keep them entertained outdoors.
- Relaxed Environment: Not only is it gorgeous, but the beauty of the outdoors can offer a much less stuffy environment than you get inside.
- Natural Wildlife: You never know what you’re going to see! Maybe there will be birds, turkeys, bears, etc. If you love wildlife, the outdoors is definitely for you.
- Wind: The wind can create beautiful movement for photos.
- Less Expensive: Many outdoor venues are less expensive because they have less overhead.
- Safer and Easier for Social Distancing: With COVID-19 and the necessity to remain 6 feet away from anyone you don’t live with, it can be much easier to keep your distance in the outdoors. Plus, no recycled or stale air so you don’t have to worry about the virus lingering in the air.
Cons of Outdoor Weddings
- Weather: It can be difficult to predict the weather which means you could be dealing with rain, snow, heat, etc.
- Rain Plan: If it rains, what are your options?
- Possible Distractions: The outdoors can be more difficult to control than the indoors. There might be odd noises like vehicles honking in the distance, and you never know when a random animal will show up to say hi.
- Rental Costs: Depending on whether or not the venue provides seating, a rain tent, etc., you might be required to procure rentals that some indoor venues would provide for you.
- Bugs: Depending on the time of year, you might be dealing with mosquitos, ticks, or other assorted creepy crawlies.
- Seasons: Depending on where the venue is located, you may not be able to have a wedding in the winter because of the cold or in the summer because of extreme heat.
- Allergies: Do you have allergies? There are certain parts of the year, you might need to avoid so you don’t have watery eyes and a runny nose.
- Restrictions: You may think it would be easy just to go to the park and perform your wedding there for free, but many public places also have restrictions and regulations that you will have to work around.
- Sound : Sound doesn’t carry outside the way it does inside so guests far away may not be able to hear well.
- Utilities: Some outdoor facilities don’t have utilities available.
Have you read through the pros and cons of outdoor weddings and decided that’s what your perfect wedding day would look like? We are here to help you get started! We have all of the photo options for your gorgeous outdoor photos as well as the accessories you can choose from listed so you can see everything! Curious about pricing? We’ve got all of the info!
Photography: Star Noir Studio